Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

  First off, happy fourth of July!! Being away from my country has really given me a greater appreciation and pride for where I'm from. We did our best to celebrate it all the way down here on the other side of the world, but I'll talk more about that later.

  This week was a pretty decent one for me and elder Reynolds here in Tobalaba. We had some success in finding news, and teaching some of the older people we have. But in some ways it was a slow week too.
  Our investigators are doing alright. At the moment there really aren't many who are progressing a ton and are close to baptism. So that's kinda discouraging, but we're trying to find some new ones and trying some new things to see if our people can progress more. We've been doing some knocking and contacting, but with little results. During the wintertime the work gets slow, because a lot of times no one wants to come outside and talk to us when its cold outside. But oh well. We'll keep trying.
  On Wednesday it poured. Torrential downpour. It rained all day long. My comp didnt have an umbrella and his rain coat didnt have a hood, so I lent him my umbrella and I just used my hood to protect myself from the rain, but man it rained hard. All day. At the end of the night we were soaking wet. And it takes a long time for our stuff to dry during the winter, cuz it air dries. So that wasn't a ton of fun on Wednesday.
  But because of that day, my comp, who was already kinda sick with a cold, got a worse cold. And then spread it to the rest of us in the pension. So we were all sick at the end of the week. On friday night we didn't work, we didn't work cuz my comp was feeling sick, and it hit me on Saturday night that I was sick so we went home and rested, and contined to rest on Sunday so that we could just recover. Its not fun being sick in the pension
  But in my spare time I've had in the pension, I've taken up a new hobby....crocheting. So I'm in the process of making myself a scarf. Its a nice way to pass free time haha. Not the most manly thing to do, but it'll be cool to be able to say I made the scarf I'm wearing haha. I'll show you the picture once I finish.
  Today for Pday we went to one of the chapels in the zone and we had a good ole fashioned american barbeque with an american family in one of the wards. We ate hamburgers and hot dogs, played some soccer and some ping pong. It was a lot of fun. Not the same though with out badminton haha.
  That was our week though. Im feeling a lot better right now, but I still kinda got a sore throat. I'm excited to see some miracles happen in this final change of the msision. Tomorrow is the big 23 month mark. I still can't believe how fast time is going by. I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you next week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment