Monday, June 27, 2011

Un cambio mas!

  Well here we are at the start of my last change in the mission. It's really a very very strange feeling, knowing that so soon the mission is ending. It's exciting but also saddening at the same time. But really it feels pretty funny.

  This last week was a pretty good one. Our investigators, once again, failed us at church this week. We did all we could, we went by Saturday night, called, etc, but none came. So that really is saddening. But what more can we do? We can't make the people convert to the gospel, they have to make the decisions for themselves. And at the moment, a lot of our investigators aren't making the choice to come to church. So we're gonna have to start looking for some new ones. We had some cool experiecnces though this week.
  The cool experience we had this week was on Saturday, we went to go talk to a contact we had made the previous week. We honestly thought nothing was gonna come of the contact, but we went, and immediately the guy we had talked to said, "come in"! And those are some of the greatest words you can hear as a missionary haha. So we went in and taught a really good lesson 1, the restoration. The guy, Ronald, 21, and his mom listened to us and were really really receptive and understood it well. We left them with a book of mormon to read and we have an appointment to go back and teach them again. It was really cool though, and it's really nice to have things go right for once haha. So we're really excited to see what happens with that family we found.
  All the investigators, as I said earlier, are still here, but they're being lazy and not going to church. So I think me and my comp are gonna have to start doing some more searching to see if we can find any more new people.
  But that was basically the week, nothing terribly exciting, just your good ole average week as a missionary here in Santiago.
  And I'm sure you're all wondering what happened with changes, so here we go. So last night we get the phone call for changes, and I stayed and my companion left....how random! he was only here one change haha. It was a relief to know I was staying though, and a cool feeling to know that I don't have to stress over changes anymore haha, because the next one is certain. So we go to the change concilio in the morning, and everything was said and done and my new companion is Elder Reynolds from Vernal, Utah. Hes got 2 changes less than me on the mission, and the funny thing is that we both were trained by the same Elder. Change council was really interesting today though, because I saw a bunch of people I know and are close to give their final testimonies. For example, Elder White, and my good friend Elder Saenz. They go home in 4 weeks. But like I said in the beginning, its a very odd feeling. Very surreal, to know that the mission is coming to an end. And seeing how time has flown by so far, the end of my mission is gonna be here in the blink of an eye.
  So here we are. The beginning of the end. I'm excited for this upcoming change and for the success we'll have.
Love you all and hope you have a great week! Take care!
Elder Aaron Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment