Monday, June 20, 2011

Hey everyone!

  This was a little bit of a slower week for us. The work moved a little slower, and at the end of the week, it appears that winter has arrived.
 Highlights of the week. On thursday we had zone conference and it was amazing! We had the luck of
having another seventy there, Elder Zeballos. It was a super good conference. Elder Zeballos is a super intelligent guy and I learned a lot from him. He simplified some doctrines in a way that was very easy to understand. I was really impressed. I took some good notes though. So that was a really really cool experience.
  This week we saw little progress with our investigators though. A lot of them weren't home and a lot of them weren't able to receive us for one of a few reasons....it was cold, it was raining, and it was Fathers day yesterday. But it was still a good week. We taught all the normal people, Matias and Karina, Ramiro and Romario, and Flavio and Solange. Everyones doing good and progressing, but progressing slowly. We did some knocking this week too and it turned out alright. We decided to knock one day while it was raining and that was a huge waste haha, no one wanted to let us into theur houses. But oh well, that's how the work is. No one came to church again, but I am almost positive that it was cuz it was Fathers day on Sunday and raining at the same time.
  The weather here has definitely changed though. On Saturday it poured all day, and Sunday and today there's been light showers as well. It's pretty gloomy here in Santiago. There's a bunch of snow on the mountains though and it looks really cool. But its cold! Haha, it'll be nice going back home to summer. But according to forecasts, winter has officially started here. And they say its gonna keep on raining. Not too fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  Today in the morning we went down to the south of the mission to Puente Aloto and picked up my scripture covers!! They turned out amazing! After that we went to the mission offices, because me and my comp had to renew our temple recommends. President was running way behind schedule, so we got into the actual interviews like 2 hours late, but President said we could take that time later in the Pday, which is why I'm writing so late. But it was a good day. We ate at McDonalds, did our grocery shopping, and I took a baby nap.
 And that was our week. And just like that, the change has ended. Pretty crazy. I honestly don't know what's gonna happen to me, I could be staying I could be going, but the good news is that this is the last time I have to stress over changes haha, because the next one is the last one. change 16. I can't believe how fast time has flown by.

I love you all and will write you next week with the big news about changes. Have a great week!!!

Elder Aaron Mayberry

1. Me and Elder Sheahan

2. Me and my second home(Santiago, Chile)

3. Me and some fat dogs haha

4. Scripture covers

5. Scripture covers



































6. Scripture covers

No comments:

Post a Comment