Monday, July 18, 2011

Falta Poquito

Hey all!

This week was a pretty good one for us here in Tobalaba. We saw some sucess with our investigators finally, and had in general more lessons with thet people we're teaching so that was good.
  So on Tuesday we had zone class and interviews with President. But because we're zone leaders we're the last to get interviewed. President was running behind though and didn't get to interview us cuz he had to leave. But he told us that Wednesday morning he would be coming over and interviewing us in our pension. So Wednesday morning came and President came over and we had our interviews. Mine went really well. He gave me a lot of good advice for going home. He told me to hold off on a lot of the questions though, cuz there's still the final interview when its just all trunky talk haha. But I learned a lot from my interview. Then, the cool thing was that we got to spend even more time with President Laycock, cuz he also had to go over to the sisters' house and do two of their interviews still. So we accompanied him there, and it was cool just chatting with President in his car and stuff.  I look up to this man. He's such an amazing person, and he has some incredible stories (remind me when I'm home to tell you about when President got hit by a train and lived, its a crazy story). So we just sat and chatted with the sister missionaries as president did the interviews and it was good.
  OH. So tuesday for lunch. Remeber how I said we we're gonna go out to eat witht the assistants? Well we did and it was the best lunch I've ever had haha. We went to this restaurant called Mr. Jack. Wow it was good. Its a hamburger place and i ate this HUGE hambrger and it was really really good. I think that the Tuesday Ryans here, that thats where we'll go to lunch. Ive included a picture of the hamburger I ate...
  On Thursday I did divisions in a different sector, called la reina. So that was good. It's always fun going on divisions and seeing new people and new things. The only problem was was that it rained that day and I hadn't taken anything for the rain haha. So I borrowed the other elders umbrella and stuff and I did alright. It has been a bit colder this week, and it rained really hard 2 days of the week.
  The work is going well though. We have one baptismal date for the 31st of july, but we'll see how that goes. But once again, no one came to church. Which was again, disappointing. But we haven't lost the faith or the hope. We're just gonna work hard for these last 3 weeks to see what can happen.
  Today for Pday we went down to Puente Alto to the guy that makes suits, and I got my suit pants adjusted cuz they were too big at the waist. Then we went to the scripture cover lady and got dads order done, and then we went to pizza hut to celebrate elder bundersons birthday. It was good.
  Well it's all coming to an end. How crazy is that. I can't believe it's already been basically two years. Only three short weeks left of being a missionary. Not gonna lie, I'm excited to come home, but I'm also excited for what's to come in these last 3 weeks here. Love you all, and I love this work. Hope you're all doing great, and I'll see you all soon! (21 days but who's counting?)

Elder Aaron Mayberry

1. Me in the feria

2. My companion elder Reynolds(right), elder Bunderson(left)


3. The Mr T burger

4. My knitting projects

5. Me with my beanie and scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment