Monday, February 8, 2010

Change # 4!!

Yup, Here I am starting cambio number 4, having 6 months in the mission already. How crazy. Time sure does fly here in the mission.

  I´ll start off with the thing everyone wants to know, cambios. Me and Elder Frost are staying together here in El Valle, so we´re happy about that. First time where I'm not switching comps, haha. But that's a good thing cuz I have a good comp. Sad news is that Elder Sáenz, everyones favorite mexicano got switched out of the ward, but we were expecting that cuz he's spent the whole mission here (6 months) and that's a really long time to be in one place in this mission. But yah, so not too many changes. I'm happy that I'm in El Valle again.
  So this week was a pretty boring/interesting one at the same time.
  So we actually got our carnets this week, hallelujah. It was a long day with a lot of waiting in lines, but we finally got it done. I should receive it in the mail in a couple weeks and I'll take a photo of it and send it to you guys.
  This week I did a lot of divisions with Elder Saenz, cuz our companions were sick a lot. So we worked together Wednesday Thursday and Friday and it went well. He's a really cool guy and it's fun to talk only spanish.
  In terms of investigators, things are doing alright. We still have our normal investigators, Maria Jose, Juan Jose´s family, and a couple others. Not too many interesting developments with them though. We just have to keep going with them so that they can get baptismal dates. Some of them are pretty close. We also need to start working on finding some new ones.
  An interesting thing. Juan Jose and his family is gonna move! They said they're gonna move at the end of the month, which is very disappointing, but I know that Juan and his grandma will keep going to church, we just need to help his mom and sister to do so also. I'm afraid that if they leave that they'll stop progressing when they get over in the south. We´ll see what happens with that though. Something cool is that I'll be able to write Juan cuz he´ll be outside the mission so I'll be able to email him and make sure he's doing good and stuff. But other than that, no new developments in terms of investigators.
   So that was the week, roughly boring and no new excitement here in El Valle . I'm glad to be staying here through another change though, because we should see some big progress with lots of our investigators, and some will be returning from vacations, so it should be a good change. The last one ended kinda roughly but this one should make up for it. Sorry theres not too much to say this week.
  Oh, so an interesting thing I learned how to do in my free time this week was how to solve a Rubiks Cube haha. The things you learn on the mission :)
   Well that's it for this week, love you all and you're in my thoughts and prayers. Church is true!

Love,
Elder Aaron Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment