Saturday, October 3, 2009

DONE!! (at the MTC)

Hello everyone!
  This is such an exciting time. I get to leave here in six days!! The time has flown by so fast here its crazy. I can't believe its my last opportunity to email while here in the United States. Thats a pretty crazy thought.
  Well this past week has been pretty good. Kinda boring though because we're all just waiting to get out of here, haha. Well hosting was fun again, a friend from BYU came so we've seen him around a couple times. Another friend was supposed to come but he didnt show up so we dunno what happened with him. Mauricio asked some people and they said he wasn't gonna report til november....pretty weird. We get to host again tomorrow so I'm very happy about that. Oh yeah, and our enjoyment of having the room to ourselves is gone after tomorrow because we are getting brand new roommates that report tomorrow. Oh well.
  Spanish is good. I feel pretty confident that I will be able to understand at least a majority of what the people of Chile say haha. But then again who knows. I wont know til I actually get the on monday. I've been listening to like conference talks in spanish and I can pretty much understand all that is said so I figure that's a pretty good indicator. Also we've been taught by some of the native guys and I can understand all of what they say so I have hope. Hopefully that all isnt crushed on Monday though haha.
  Oh, pretty interesting story. So we teach a volunteer person every saturday as practice and this past Saturday we taught a guy that only spoke Spanish. So it was basically what it was going to be like when I get out into the field. Well the experience was humbling haha. We could've done so much better. I think we're all just so sick of teaching not real people though. That'll all change REAL soon though, thank goodness.
  Oh yeah, so my flight plans. I report to the travel office here at 11:30am on October 5th, monday. Then we head to salt lake and my flight is at 3:00pm. We fly from Salt lake to dallas and have a 3 hour layover there.
  Our dallas plane leaves at like 9:30 or somethign at night and we fly all the way down to Santiago Chile and land there at 7:40 in the morning. So we fly all night. I'm thankful for that, but I just hope that I will be able to sleep during the long flight and not be so nervous/anxious/excited that I won't be able to. Who knows. All I know is that it's gonna be a loooonng flight.
  I have grown so much here already its crazy. My spanish is a billion times better than it was previously(thank goodness). But I have seen myself grow so much spiritually here its insane. This has by far been the best choice I have made of my life and I know that it is one of the most important. I know that this is where I am supposed to be, here as a missionary, about to go preach the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Santiago. I cannot wait to go do that and see esxactly how much this gospel can bless peoples' lives. I know that this church is true, with all of my heart. There is not one doubt that I know that this is Christ's church here on the earth again today. I know that Jospeh Smith was a prophet and that he translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book and while I've been here its been amazing to see how much it influences your life when you study it so much. It is one of the greatest books on the planet. I am so thankful that Jospeh Smith had the question of which church was true and that he had the faith to kneel down and pray to ask God, and that in the events that transpired after him seeing God the Father and Jesus Christ, that this church was established. I just wanted to let you all know that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of this church and this work that I am about to embark on and that I am SO excited to be able to bring people unto our Savior Jesus Christ.
  Thank you all for all the support you have given me here, it truly means the world to me.
Well, this is all for now. Till I'm in Chile!!!!!
Elder Aaron Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment