Monday, November 8, 2010

Good week and I turned 15 months in the Mission!

  Hello everyone! It was a good week here in Pirque. We've seen some good progress in our investigators so that is always good.

  I'll start off with some random stuff first. So yeah, this past week I hit 15 months in the mission. How crazy is that? The real countdown has begun and that's scary haha. Time is flying by at incredible speeds.
  Also this week I've seen the craziest weather of my life. On Saturday, it was the hottest day since last Summer and Sunday, the day after, it poured the entire day. The ENTIRE day. It was nuts! Burning hot to cold with tons of rain. Seems like the weather is confused here in Santiago. More about that later though.
  So yeah. Investigators. Marianela is gonna get baptizaed this next week! So we're super excited about that. I feel that she is anopther reason why I came here to Pirque. I've really felt that here more than in any other sector. Like the reasons exactly why the Lord wanted me here in Pirque. So it's super cool to see the blessings of the Lord and to see His hand in the work here. She's got a strong testimony and is ready to be baptized this coming Sunday. We also have seen good progress with our investigators that came to church last Sunday, Veronica, Javiera, and Vicente. First off they really liked church. Second, we were teaching them on Saturday, and they accepted baptismal dates for the 5th of December! So we are super excited about that. We're seeing all kinds of good things here in Pirque, but the big question is.....will I be here to see them??? We shall see...
  Anyway. So yesterday, Sunday, it rained the entire day like I said. And we went in the nighttime to a different sector to work there for a few hours. And lemme tell you, we got absolutely soaked. We were just walking straight through puddles because we were so wet already that it didn't even matter. But it was fun nonetheless haha.
  Also this week we had several capacitations with President and those went well. We reviewed the same material we went over like 3 months ago so it was a good refresher. I wanted to share some cool stuff I learned from President about the Book of Mormon. Some cool facts. In the BoM there's 337 different names. None of these names include the letters, Q, W, or X, and none start with F. Why is this relevant? Because in ancient hebrew, no names contained those letters. Also, in the BoM there aren't last names, just how it was back in old testament times. Joseph Smith could not have known these two things, and yet, he got it right. Another fact. Joseph Smith took 85 days to transloate the BoM, at 10 pages a day, by himself. The 47 translators that translated the King James version into English could only translate 1 page a day. Also, in the BoM, there are roughly 700 geographical references, none of which ever contradict the other. Just some cool stuff adds onto the testimony I have of the restoration of the gospel. Church is true.
  Anyway, it's time for me to go. Hope you're all having a good time over there. I sure am. I love the mission and and I can't express in email how much its truly helped me in my life and how much I've grown as a person, but especially spiritually. love you all! Til next week!

Elder Aaron Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment