Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Aaron going strong! 8-18-2009

Hello again from the MTC!
Another week done here! I'm that much closer to leaving this place haha. I can't believe I've already been here two weeks. But this week has FLOWN by so thats really good. A pretty accurate description of how time goes here is as such: the days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days. That pretty much hits the nail on the head. Days drag on and on and on but it seems like just yesterday that I was in here typing my last email. Things are going great with me. I'm finally pretty much used to the schedule now. I'm not tired during the days, well not too tired, but I'm not dozing while in class anymore so thats good haha. Except on Sundays, there's just something about them that makes me really tired. I dunno. Today I had a nap and let me tell you, it was AMAZING. First nap in two weeks haha. I didn't know I could survive that long without one. Things are going good with me and Elder Erickson. We're very alike in some areas that I'm thankful for. Like how he wants nothing to do with choir and neither do I haha. I'm thankful to not have a companion that has to drag me there, oye that would be miserable. We're doing well teaching together. We both have teaching styles that kinda compliment each other so thats good. We both have strengths and weaknesses that we help each other with so I'm glad to have him as my companion. For example, he's much better at teaching and talking to "investigators" than me, but my spanish is a lot farther along so whenever we do something in Spanish I carry the conversation and in English he does haha. Whatever works I guess. Speaking of the Spanish, it's going great. I'm suprised at how much I already know. Like we do grammer stuff almost everyday and its mostly review for me and for others, but I seem to understand it better. I can comprehend Spanish SO much better than I can speak it. Like I understand almost everything that my teachers say (except for Hermano Hidalgo when he starts speaking super duper fast cuz he's from Mexico) but when I try and say something its just so much harder because you have to be able to know which tenses and words and conjugations to use and stuff. Just a lot to think about when trying to say something haha. But yeah, it'll come eventually. Still got tons of time here. I'm just glad I'm not Chad or Marshall and have to learn Japanese or Albanian, that would be so hard. Jason left for phoenix on Tuesday. I wrote him today and asked how the field was so I can have some idea of how different it is from here in the MTC. I've made a lot of new friends here so thats good. All of the guys in my hall are either intermediate or advanced. But a bunch of the guys going to Argentina are delayed and have been here longer than they've supposed to be because of visa trouble. A lot of the advanced guys, who are only supposed to be here three weeks, have been here about 6 now so they're pretty much going crazy haha because they just want to leave. Thank you for the package! I've been wanting something to be able to eat at night while in my room since I got here and now I have something so muchas gracias.I can't believe Jordan cut his hair haha, I bet he looks pretty funny. Send a picture ASAP! And tell him good job :) So yeah, all is going great here at the MTC. I'm very happy to be here. We watched a great talk by Jeffrey R. Holland that described the importance of Missionary work so that was good. I am growing so much here its crazy. Everyday seems to add more and more to my testimony and for that I am thankful. But yeah, I want to hear from you all so please write! Letters really help get you through the time here haha, its the only connection to the real world. I'm interested in how things are going with everyone back at home, what they've done, how they're doing, etc. So yeah, write por favor. I'm excited to hear from you all. I'm doing great, having fun and learning all at the same time. Thank you for your support, it means a lot. But alas, I must finish this email. ¡Muchas gracias por todos! Hope you all are doing great back at home! Best of luck in all your endeavours. You shall hear from me again next tuesday!
Love, Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment